Afternoon Tea At The Mandarin Oriental Hotel
For more than 140 years, travellers have followed the Chao Phraya River to stay at the legendary Oriental Hotel. The Oriental, now The Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, was the first luxury hotel in the Kingdom of Siam. In 1865 the hotel’s original structure was destroyed in a fire and was replaced by the current structure in 1876. In 2015, the renowned Authors’ Lounge - a favourite destination for afternoon tea, society weddings and elegant events - was restored to its classic late nineteenth-century design. In keeping with the great literary heritage of the hotel, the newly restored Authors’ Lounge features a collection of photographs of the many famous writers who have stayed at the hotel over the last three centuries.
Schedule 2 Hours serving time. Served between 12:00 - 17:00
- Your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.
- Discover the Author’s lounge and choose your table in the middle of the cosy atmosphere or by the windows to enjoy a beautiful view on the Chao Phraya River.
- Choose your Afternoon Tea Set in the refined menu ( Classic English or Thai Tea).
- Enjoy a traditional high tea served with old world charm and relax yourself in this timeless ambiance.
- Return to your hotel with your driver.
The Authors’ Lounge adheres to a smart dress code for all guests, including children. Ladies are kindly asked to wear elegant attire and proper footwear. Gentlemen are kindly asked to wear smart shirt, long trousers and closed shoes.
Suitable for all ages.
Please advise any food allergies or special diet requirements
Afternoon High Tea only
- One set of Afternoon Tea
- All items are refillable within 2 hours
- Round trip transportation from hotels in Bangkok with English speaking guide
- Personal expenses
- Meals and beverages which are not already stated